The Swift II is a must-have, almost indestructable, fun aircraft from the MS Composit range of flying wings. Made from EPP (Extruded Poly-Propylene), the design features make this model quick to assemble, extremely light, stable in flight and highly resistant to physical damage. This makes it a suitable choice for beginners.
For the more experienced flier, the Swift II may be tuned to expand the flight envelope making it a high-performance, agile model capable of advanced aerobatics.
We found the build to be quick and easy. We used standard CA and activator but you could use 5-minute epoxy. The wing is supplied in two halves with two winglets. The kit requires two 9g servos set up as elevons using the pre-programmed delta mix or v-mix (ail and elevator channels) available on most modern programmable transmitters. Control rods, horns and pushrod connectors are supplied together with a plastic motor mount.
* Robust EPP construction resistant to crash damage
* Rearward facing motor in pusher mode less prone to damage
* Easy to hand-launch by the wing tip
* Bright airbrushed colour scheme
* Requires assembly but is very quick build
* Wingspan: 810mm/31.9in
* Length: 520mm/20.47in
* Approx flying weight: 300g / 10.6oz
* RC functions: min 3-channel - aileron/elevator (mix), throttle
* 4-piece wing with pre-hinged flying surfaces
* Hardware accessory pack (includes motor mount)
* Illustrated step-by-step assembly instructions
Additional items required:
* Brushless motor (around 180W)
* Brushless ESC
* Prop and prop adaptor
* Servos: Two x 9g
* Battery: 1300 to 1800 mAh 3S (11.1V) LiPo
* RC System: min 3-channel TX/RX with delta-mix
* Glassweave covering & reinforcing tape 25mm
* CA glue and activator (optional)
This is extremely high in the fun stakes. You will need an open space about 200m square. Fly close in to increase the fun factor and hone your flying skills. You might even want to stick on some LEDs for dusk/night-flying.
No time to spend sourcing the required items? Then check out our Receiver-Ready combo deals. With virtually everything you need in one bag, you will spend less time finding the right components and have more time to spend on completing your project. You only need to provide the transmitter, receiver, battery charger and some glue. You can be in the air in a couple of hours - guaranteed!