Any aeroplane that can boast a service history spanning 40 years can only be considered a resounding success and that’s exactly how you’d describe the Douglas Aircraft Company's A-1 Skyraider. Taking to the air in March 1945 with the intention of fulfilling torpedo and dive bomb duty with the US Navy. It did this beautifully well on its Wright R-3350 Duplex-Cyclone radial and with seven hard points in its large, straight wings it carried significant ordnance, had superb low speed handling and gained a reputation for its strength and combat survivability. A true aviation icon and, as we’ll sure you’ll agree, something that lends itself perfectly to R/C. Designed by Legend Hobby in the States and manufactured by Seagull this joint venture project has it all – size, character, scale fidelity and flying characteristics that’ll knock yer socks off. Take it from us, it’s an absolute beauty that performs perfectly well on a 35cc petrol engine and beautifully well on 50 to 60cc. Add the optional twist ‘n’ turn retracts, load it with the included store set and trust us, you’ll be absolutely made up every time you fly it.Lightweight, high quality balsa and plywood construction.
* Authentic true-scale colour scheme.
* Covered in genuine matt Oracover film.
* Factory painted 190mm dia. glass fibre engine cowl.
* Eye-catching cockpit detail.
* Removable forward hatch for easy radio, fuel tank and battery access.
* Three-piece wing panel aids storage and simplifies transportation.
* Full hardware pack included.
* Outstanding levels of scale detail.
* Crystal clear screw-on canopy moulding.
* Optional twist 'n' turn sprung oleo-style scale undercarriage legs.
* Full complement of missile stores included.
* Drop tank release mechanism included.
* Optional retractable tail wheel.
* Wingspan: 86.5inch
* Length: 67.3inch
* All-up weight: 28 – 30lb
What's in the Box
* Factory assembled and covered fuselage.
* Factory assembled and covered 3-piece wing set.
* Factory assembled and covered tail set.
* Clear canopy moulding.
* Full cockpit detail kit.
* Factory painted glass fibre cowl.
* 15-piece missile and drop tank set.
* Drop tank release mechanism.
* Comprehensive hardware pack (screws, horns, pushrods, fuel tank etc.).
* Dummy radial engine moulding.
* Wing spar set.
* Comprehensive instruction manual.
Required to Complete
* 35 – 60cc petrol engine or electric equivalent.
* 9-channel computer transmitter and receiver combo.
* Main and tail wheel air retract set, including wheels – SEA348-10
* Propeller to suit chosen engine.
* 11 x Suitable high-quality servos.