With a lower all-up weight and a fresh new look the versatile FunCub XL is back for more towing, more aerobatics and more water flying, all with an improved performance and a greater STOL capability.
The new FunCub XL ND (New Design) is a development of the versatile and popular FunCub XL multifunction high-wing aerobatic tow aircraft. Says Multiplex of its new high-winger: “Our goal was to lose weight and give [the FunCub] a fresh look. We’ve achieved the weight savings by redesigning the M-Frame fuselage core and fitting EPP wheels, a combination that has saved 200g and enabled us to achieve an even lower airspeed and a better power-to-weight ratio. This, of course, improves the short take-off and landing properties even further, allowing the XL ND to be used on almost any terrain.”
Like its predecessor, the new FunCub has many subtle but beautifully crafted details, not to mention elegant LED covers for the optional lighting, a tow release as standard, and a large cargo chute for which a suitable parachutist is available. Why is the FunCub XL so popular? The reasons are many and varied however the model's key quality comes in its precise, beautifully harmonised, locked-in flying characteristics. The result is an aeroplane that’s as happy performing a high-alpha hover as it is knife-edge circuits. Truth to tell, the FunCub XL sets completely new standards in its class. It is, quite simply, a model that’ll find favour with a multitude of pilots covering all skill levels and performance requirements.
- Precise, locked-in flying characteristics.
- Fully aerobatic flight envelope.
- High-strength M-Frame fuselage.
- Light and tough Elapor foam construction.
- Stylish new pre-applied trim scheme.
- Offset barn door flaps offer exceptional STOL characteristics.
- Huge EPP wheels provide all terrain operation.
- Strong and light CFRP wing spars.
- Exceptional low speed capability.
- Perfect for towing the Lentus and Alpina sailplanes.
- Detachable wing panels assist storage and transport.
- Easy battery change through canopy hatch.
- Optional floats and glider tow release mechanism.
- Beautifully engineered.
- 1x 95 percent complete, pre-decorated FunCub XL ND airframe.
- 1x Powerful Permax BL-O 4235-0480 brushless motor (pre-installed).
- 1x MultiCont BL-60 SD brushless ESC (pre-installed).
- 1x 15 x 8" propeller.
- 6 x Hitec HS-225BB servos (pre-installed).
- 1x Comprehensive instruction manual.
NEEDED TO COMPLETE:
- 1x 6ch transmitter and receiver combo.
- 1x 6S 4000mAh 30C LiPo.
- Product Wingspan 1,700mm 67in
- Product Wing Area 50dm2 775.00in2
- Completion Level RR
- Experience Level Intermediate / Advanced
- Assembly Time 25min
- Colour Red
- Material Elapor
|Model Type||Sports & Aerobatic|