This is the New XSR 2016 LBT FIRMWARE telemetry receiver it is only compatible with Frsky Transmitters and modules that have 2016 LBT FIRMWARE installed.
If your Transmitter or module has Pre-2016 LBT FIRMWARE then you must upgrade your Transmitter or module to the new 2016 LBT FIRMWARE. The new 2016 LBT FIRMWARE features D16 and LR12 options and is the latest firmware from FRSKY.
The new XSR receiver weighs in at only 4.3 grams including connection cable and is smaller than the X4R, this receiver is perfect choice for 130 to 330 class racing quads. The XSR is SmartPort enabled and has S-bus as well as CPPM outputs. However some things had to be sacrificed so it could be made as small and light as possible. The XSR does not support FBVS nor PWM and the antennas are soldered on instead of utilizing IPX connectors.
* Smart Port enabled and two-way full duplex transmission.
* S-BUS output.
* CPPM output.
* Lighter weight and physically smaller than X4R.
* 1-16 channel SBUS
* 1-8 channel CPPM
* Model: XSR (2016 LBT FIRMWARE)
* Pin configuration: end
* Number of channels: 1-16channel from SBUS
* Number of channels: 1-8channel from CPPM
* Modulation: ACCST (Advanced Continuous Channel Shifting Technology)
* Band: 2.4GHz
* Input voltage: 4V-10V
* Operating current: 100mA @5V
* Antenna length:90mm (x 2)
* Dimensions: L26 x W19.2 x H5mm
* Weight: 4.3g (including cables)
* FrSky X-series Modules X9D / X9DPlus / X9E and Horus X12S in D16 mode.
* XSR will NOT work with D-series Module
* This LBT version XSR receiver will only work with FrSky D16-LBT Mode.
Please note that we are unable to provide support to users who modify or carry out a firmware update on any FrSKY transmitter or receiver supplied by us. We are unable to uphold any claim under warranty should a fault arise due to a user installed firmware upgrade or hardware modification.
Firmware updates are done at your own risk. Before updating you should make yourself fully aware of the potential consequences and in particular the known compatibility issues that can arise by failure to select the correct firmware version.
Please do your research carefully and make use of the advice and/or bulletins provided by FrSKY before completing any modification.
IMPORTANT - Taranis owners please note: do not confuse the XJT firmware with the OpenTX firmware. It is NOT the same thing! The OpenTX firmware is the "software" that controls the transmitter functions and user interface - the stuff you see on the transmitter screen. The XJT module is the device used to send and receive radio signals between the transmitter and receiver.