Brushless motor MEGA ACn 16/15/x. Diameter 28mm, length 36,4mm, weight 76g
New brushless electric motor weighing only 76 g. Dimensions are equal to MIG 400 product line motors. It is designed for electric direct drive plane models.
High torque allows use propellers of size 6“ aï¿½ 8“ e.g. Aeronaut Glas or Carbon (non-folding propellers) or folding propellers 8,5x5" CAM Aeronaut and for 3 D flying and PARK FLYERs 10x4,7"APC propellers. Use 7 NiCd cells, or 2 Li-Pol cells.
- Motor (aerobatic) models up to 1kg (0,8 kg) with 7-8 cells NiCd (NiMH) or 2 cells Li-POL, Li-ION, recommended propeller for 7 and 8 cells is from 6x4“ to 8,5x5“ Aeronaut Glas, Graupner.
- Electric glider - 7-8 cells NiCd (NiMH) or 2 cells Li-ION, Li-POL up to 1,2 kg, recommended propeller for 7 and 8 cells 8,5x4“ Graupner CAM folding.
- Bigger models of PARK FLYERs, recommended propeller 9x4,7“, 10x4,7" APC, 5, 6, 7, 8 cells NiCd, NiMH or 2 cells Li-ION, Li–POL.
- 3D flying for models up to 450 g: recommended propeller 9x4,7“, 10x4,7" APC. Best result can be obtained with 2 cells Li–POL, or 7 NiCd, NiMH cells with recommended propeller 10x4,7" APC for models with flying weight up to 450 g. In such case current consumption is not higher than 12A.
Recommended number of cells: 6, 7 or 8 cells NiCd, NiMH.
Recommended propellers for scale models and gliders:
|no cells||prop. 7x4“ (direct drive)||prop. 7x7“ (direct drive)||prop. 8,5x5“ (direct drive)|
|revolutions [RPM]||current [A]||revolutions [RPM]||current [A]||revolutions [RPM]||current [A]|
Recommended propellers for 3D flying:
|no cells||prop. 10x4,7“ APC SLOW FLY (direct drive)||prop. 9x4,7“ APC SLOW FLY (direct drive)|
|revolutions [RPM]||current [A]||revolutions [RPM]||current [A]|
|AE CAM Carbon 10x6", 40mm|
Technical data for MEGA ACn 16/15/7 use:
- recommended controller : 18A ... the best is MGM 18A +3ph, JES 18A
- current at max. efficiency : 3 - 12 A
- max. revolutions : 55 000 RPM
- Hardened stell shaft, diameter 3,2 mm.
- Two precise ball bearings
- Dynamically balanced
- Neodym magnet rotor
- Handmade stator, lightweight rotor allows high revolution.
- Kevlar bandage rotor
- Motor mount has two M3 threads for two M3 screws
- Efficiency up to 88%
- COMBAT version is designed for higer mechanical requirements, shaft diameter 5 mm.
- Recommended gearbox: MEGA GEAR 16
- Size and weight of these motors are the same as brushed motors of product line MIG 400. They have much better efficiency, power, max. revolutions and long lifetime. For example with motor MEGA ACn 16/15/8 and 8 cell aerobatic model you more than double the time of flight compared to MIG 400 motor.
- Motors are also suitable for 50 - 70 mm diameter ducted fan.
- At special request we can cupply also motor Mega ACn 16/15/4 with non-standart shaft with diameter 2,3mm. We can recommend this power drive for helicpoter models MicroStar 400 (Graupner) Zoom 400 (Protech) with weight 650 - 700 g, 3 cells Li-Pol 3S1P 1500 – 1800 mAh. 11,1V , current supply approx. 10A, recommended controller 25A. (more in "RC Revue 06/2005" magazine (pages.50-51) - in Czech).
Motor ACn 16 EDF:
- recommended for 7-10 Ni or 2-3 Li cells
- especially designed for ducted fan unit WEMOTEC Mini Fan 480, current up to 40A , (36A with 3xLiXX)
- higgher torque
- high current limit
- dimensions: diameter x length - 28 mm x 41 mm