This brushless motor provides excellent performance, quality, and dependability at an affordable price. Manufactured with high quality bearings and components, it is one of the smoothest and most powerful in its class.
This motor is supplied with an alloy cross mount, fitting screws and a 4mm alloy, dome-type prop adaptor with a tapered pinch fit. This motor produced over 230W in our tests, making it ideal for sport/Aerobatic 400/480 models which need a bigger prop typically a 10 x 7 on 3S LiPo which gives around 230W.
Good upgrade motor for 400 or 480 Models ideal for aerobatic and sports models where a 480 class motor is recommended.
Workshop Test Data 19 Aug 2014
||LiPo Cells||Prop in x in
|A2217-09||3||APC-E 10 x 5||199||16.7||25||30||950||72||28||35||4|
APC-E 10 x7
APC-E 10 x 4.7sf
APC-E 11 X 5.5
The above performance figures are provided as a guide only. The actual performance of the motor may be degraded by incorrect timing of the ESC, battery quality, temperature, unbalanced propellor, poor installation, poor wiring and electrical integrity and also inadequate cooling airflow over the ESC heatsink.
*Brushless motors do not need to be ‘run in’. Do not run any motor on ‘bench test’ for longer than 20 seconds. The motor and ESC may get excessively hot causing damage to the power train components.
* We recommend using a WATT METER to check a new system to ensure that the manufacturer's recommended specifications are not exceeded.
* YOU MUST confirm that the ESC program settings - especially the timing, are correct before running the motor.
* During the watt meter test, if the maximum current (Amps) is close to, or has reached, the maximum current for the motor before you have reached the full (open) throttle position DO NOT continue with the test. You should reduce the diameter and / or pitch of the propellor and retest
* Exceeding the motor specifications will damage the motor and / or ESC and battery. It is important that these components are set up properly. Failure to do so will void the warranty.
* We are unable to uphold the manufacturer's warranty if for any reason the motor has been modified, or used outside of the manufacturer's specification