Air and Scale Superiority
The F-16 Fighting Falcon was originally developed for the U.S. Air Force and approved for production more than 40 years ago. This multirole fighter’s advancements in technology and capabilities have kept it active to the present day with air forces worldwide. The E-flite® F-16 Falcon 80mm EDF (Electric Ducted Fan) is an Extra Scale model based on the single seat F-16C variant which entered production in 1984. The F-16C brought improved cockpit avionics and radar for all-weather capability with beyond-visual-range AIM-7 and AIM-120 air-to-air missiles. This replica is nearly as large as other 90mm EDF models, yet the efficient power system delivers better overall performance and longer flight times when using common 6S 4000–7000mAh batteries. The 3-tone gray finish is easy to customize using your choice of the included squadron markings while Extra Scale details and functional features — including the most scale-like landing gear installed on an F-16 EDF model yet — combine to deliver an unmatched flying experience!
High Performance Fighting Falcon
The E-flite® F-16 Falcon 80mm EDF jet is the Smartest, most detailed and best handling high-performance replica of the world-renowned fighter yet! Extra Scale details, including molded-in panel lines, simulated antennas, indicators, sensors, optional-use ordnance, and more take realism to the next level. Functional Extra Scale features include LED navigation and landing lights, full-flying stabs, sequenced gear doors plus the most scale-like retractable landing gear installed on an F-16 EDF model yet. Constructed of durable, fully-molded EPO, this F-16 assembles without glue and can be ready to fly in less time than other similar class models!
- Scale replica of the world-renowned fighter flown by the U.S. and numerous allied air forces
- The Smartest, most detailed and best handling high-performance F-16 EDF (Electric Ducted Fan) jet model yet
- Factory-applied 3-tone gray trim scheme with decal sheets to apply four different choices of squadron markings
- Extra Scale details including molded-in panel lines, simulated antennas, indicators, sensors and much more
- Functional Extra Scale features including LED navigation and landing lights, full-flying stabs and more
- Includes optional-use and easy to install/remove ordnance including six missiles and three drop tanks
- ARF Plus completion level version is ready for installation of your 80mm EDF unit, motor and ESC
- Fits a wide range of 6S batteries from 4000-7000mAh to deliver class-leading flight times and performance
- Nine factory-installed digital, metal-geared servos with ball-link equipped linkages
- Electric retracts with scale-like painted, articulated and shock-absorbing struts
- Sequenced, servo-operated nose and main gear doors with molded in details
- Plastic capped strakes, hatch edges and opening for added durability to prevent damage and paint chipping
- No glue required for assembly and can be ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery
- Two-piece wing that bolts into place and a magnetically secured nose cone
- Convenient top hatch with clear canopy, cockpit detail and a pilot figure
- Optional simulated afterburner LED ring available separately
- Extremely durable, fully molded EPO airframe
ARF Plus Completion Level
This Almost-Ready-To-Fly (ARF) Plus version comes out of the box with factory-installed servos that are ready to connect to the compatible receiver of your choice (sold separately), plus the transmitter and battery you provide (also sold separately). You can also install the power system of your choice, either from another similar class model, or using other compatible components (all sold separately).
Power It Your Way
The ARF Plus version is ready for you to install the power system of your choice (sold separately). You can easily install a directly compatible 80mm V1 or V2 fan unit, motor and ESC from other E-flite or FMS models without the need for any modifications, or you can potentially install other suitable power systems too.
Extra Scale Details
The F-16 Falcon 80mm EDF features an accurate outline and an abundance of Extra Scale details including molded-in panel lines and hatches, simulated antennas, indicators, sensors and much more. And, unlike other similar class models that require you to spend more to buy them separately, it includes a full complement of optional-use and easy to install/remove ordnance including six missiles plus three drop tanks.
Functional Extra Scale Features
Factory-installed LED navigation and landing lights, full-flying stabs, control surfaces with pocket hinges – even sequenced main gear and nose gear doors – are functional Extra Scale features that take your experience to another level. An optional simulated afterburner LED ring is also available separately to further enhance your experience.
Extra Scale Gear
The reliable, factory-installed electric retracts are equipped with durable metal components including Extra Scale painted, articulated and shock-absorbing struts. It's the most scale-like landing gear installed on an F-16 EDF model yet! The sequenced and servo-operated gear doors feature molded details on the inside, and the nose gear door is also equipped with an LED landing light that turns on and off automatically when the gear is extended or retracted.
Construction with fully molded EPO material makes it possible to replicate complex details and shapes in a lightweight yet durable form. The result is an outstanding scale appearance that's easy to maintain and delivers the best possible flight experience. Plus, the plastic capped strakes, hatch edges and opening improve durability to prevent damage and paint chipping during handling and when installing/removing batteries.
A total of nine factory-installed digital, metal-geared servos, along with ball-link equipped linkages on all primary flight controls, deliver crisp, precise and reliable control at every speed.
No glue is required for assembly and you can have the F-16 ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery! The stabs plus the two-piece wing bolt into place and can easily be removed for convenient storage and transport.
Customizable Trim Scheme
Decal sheets with four different choices of squadron markings are included so you can customize the factory-painted 3-tone gray finish. The choices include:
- South Carolina Air National Guard (based at Shaw Air Force Base) 79th Fighter Squadron - Leader, 20th Fighter Wing, Tiger Meet Version
- South Carolina Air National Guard (based at Shaw Air Force Base) 77th Fighter Squadron, 20th Fighter Wing, Wild Weasel 50th Anniversary Version
- South Carolina Air National Guard (based at Shaw Air Force Base) 157th Fighter Squadron, 169th Fighter Wing (Swamp Foxes), Wild Weasels 50th Anniversary Version
- Ohio Air National Guard (based at Ohio National Guard Base) 112th Fighter Squadron, 180th Fighter Wing, Stingers Version
- Or you can apply paint and custom-made graphics to personalize the finish and trim scheme!
F-16 Falcon 80mm EDF ARF (no Power system) Specfications:
- Airfoil Shape: Semi-symmetrical
- Approximate Assembly Time: Less than 1 hour
- Approximate Flight Time: 3:00 - 3:30 minutes on 5000mAh battery
- Battery: Sold Separately
- CG (Center of Gravity): 3.54 - 3.94" (90 - 100mm) from leading edge of wing measured at fuselage
- Charger: Sold Separately
- Completion Level: Almost Ready-To-Fly
- Flaps: No
- Flying Weight: 2001-25000g
- Power Type: Electric
- Material: EPO
- Minimum Required Radio: At least 6-channel
- Product Length: 57.08" (1450 mm)
- Product Weight: 7.15 - 8.33lbs (3245 - 3779g)
- Radio: Sold Separately
- Receiver: Sold Separately
- Retracts: Included
- Servos: Included
- Skill Level: Level 3
- Speed: Approximately 100+mph
- Speed Control: Sold Separately
- Trim Scheme Colors: Gray, with 4 decal sets
- Wingspan: 39.37" (1000 mm)
In The Box
- (1) E-flite® F-16 Falcon 80mm EDF
- (9) Digital, Metal-Geared Servos (installed)
- (1) Electric Tricycle Retractable Landing Gear (installed)
- (1) Product Manual
Needed to Complete
- Full-range 6+ channel transmitter and receiver
- Compatible 80mm fan unit, motor and ESC
- 6S 22.2V 4000-7000mAh LiPo battery
- Compatible LiPo charger
|Model Type||EDF Jets|
|RC Vehicle Type||RC Plane|
|Fuel Type||Electric - Brushless|
|Build Level||ARTR Part Assembled|
|wing_span||1500mm / 59inch|