The all new X400 charger is one of the latest and most innovative full colour, TFT touch-screen battery chargers from iMax. Essentially two chargers in one case, the X400 enables the user to charge two battery packs - whether the same or a different type/chemistry - at the same time. Each charger can be used independently. Both are multifunctional with an integrated balance circuit that uses balance boards for both JST-XH and PQ/HP balance connectors for 2S to 6S Lithium batteries. It is packed with features that exceeds many higher cost units. Primarily designed for Lithium Polymer (LiPo) batteries, Li-Ion, LiFe (A123M1), NiCd, NiMH, and Pb (lead acid) batteries may also be charged .
Each charging circuit has a maximum output power of 200W and maximum charge current of 15A when used together. If a single output is used, the maximum output power can reach 400W with a maximum charge current of 20A.
This charger has an easy to navigate multi-screen menu with full colour displays that even feature charging graphs of the battery. For twin charging, simply select the working channel '1' or '2' to set each program independently.
This charger incorporates a USB charging output (5V 2.1A) - ideal for charging iPads, iPhones, Android phones and other portable devices.
* Touch screen operation
* 4.3in 480x270 resolution TFT display
* High precision dual-core 32-bit ARM processor
* Balance, Charge, Fast Charge, Storage, Discharge, Battery Voltage Checker, Manual Charge, Discharge/Charge Cycle (1-6 times)
* Integrated balance circuits - both JST/XH and PQ/HP balance boards included
* iM-OS V2.11 operating system
* USB output may be used to charge peripherals such as iPad, iPhone and other smart phones
* 94% efficiency
* Cell count: LiPo, Lilo, LiFe: 1-6S (series) x 2
* Cell count: NiMH/NiCd: 1-16 (series) x 2
* Pb (Lead Acid) battery voltage: 2-20V x 2
* DC Input voltage: 11-18V
* Maximum charge power: 400W (single channel), 200W x 2 (dual channel)
* Charge current range: 0.1-20A (single channel), 0.1-15A x 2 (dual channel)
* Maximum discharge power: 20W x 2 (dual channel)
* Discharge current range: 0.1-3A x 2 (dual channel)
* Balance circuit 2-6S x 2
* Current drain for balancing: 300mA
* Battery setup memories: 5
* USB port output voltage: 5V
* USB port output current: 2.1A
* Dimensions (mm): 200 x 218 x 70
* Weight: 700g
What's in the box:
* X400 Twins Touch Screen Charger with DC Input Cable
* Banana Plug Charge Lead x 2 (bare ends to allow fitting of your own connector of choice)
* Balance Cables & Boards (JST/XH x 2 + PQ/HP x 2)
* Alligator Clips
* USB Lead
* Touch Pen
* Instruction Manual
IMPORTANT notes on charger selection:
* Always select a charger that meets your actual needs.
* Always ensure that the maximum charge power in watts (W) will be sufficient for your needs.
* To determine the potential maximum charge rate for your battery pack, simply divide the maximum charge power of the charger by the full-charge voltage of your battery pack.
* A 50W charger with a 5A charge current theoretically, can only deliver 5A at 10V.
* An 80W charger with a 6A charge current theoretically, can only deliver 6A at 13.33V
* A 400W charger with a 20A charge current theoretically, can only deliver 20A at 20V.
* Efficiency losses (usually 20 percent) in the charger or the input voltage to the charger may reduce the charge current further.
* Setting the charge current too high and outside the capabilities of the charger is very likely to result in the charger overheating and potentially failing.
Theoretical examples using a 20A charger with a maximum charge power of 400W
400W / 8.4V (2S LiPo) = 48.78A - making a 20A charge possible
400W / 12.6V (3S LiPo) = 31.75A - making a 20A charge possible
400W / 16.8V (4S LiPo) = 23.81A - making a 20A charge possible
400W / 21V (5S LiPo) = 19.05A - max charge rate = 19A
400W / 25.2V (6S LiPo) = 15.87A - max charge rate = 15.8A