At last! A reliable, low cost ESC solution for fans of quadcopters. This Hobbywing Skywalker Brushless ESC is designed specifically for 4-motor multi-rotor applications. It combines 4 high performance 20A ESCs and a 5.25V/3A BEC in a single compact unit using a standard PWM signal. It is suitable for brushless outrunner motors and 2-4S LiPo packs.
* Incorporates 4 speed controllers in one compact board
* Single pos/neg input for flight pack
* Simplifies the complex wiring associated with most multi-motor applications
* Motor connection leads (260mm) pre-fitted with 3.5mm gold-plated bullet connectors.
* Integrated powerful switch mode BEC
* Multiple protection features including: low voltage cut-off protection, over-heat protection and throttle signal loss protection
* Allows the throttle range of each ESC to be calibrated to suit different multi-rotor flying control systems and transmitters
* Provides for the following maximum speeds: 210000 RPM (2 poles motor), 70000 RPM (6 poles motor), 35000 RPM (12 poles motor).
* Brake Disabled / Enabled
* Battery Type Lipo / NiMH
* Low Voltage Protection Mode (Cut-Off Mode) Soft Cut-Off (Gradually reduce the output) /Cut-Off (Immediately stop the output)
* Low Voltage Protection Threshold (Cut-Off Threshold) Low / Medium / High
* Startup Mode Normal /Soft /Super-Soft (300ms / 1.5s / 3s)
* High frequency PWM input (432Hz)
* Timing Low / Medium / High,( 3.75°/ 15°/ 26.25°) - usually, the default timing is suitable for most motors. To get higher speed, High timing can be chosen.
Warning! When using LiPos in multi-rotor applications, it is usual to inhibit the low voltage protection circuit by setting the battery type to NiMH (the default setting on this multi-rotor ESC).
In order to protect your expensive multi-rotor from sudden loss of power, the default settings for Battery Type = NiMH and Cut-Off Threshold = Low. This means that it is possible to over-discharge your LiPo. We recommend using either a telemetry voltage monitor or a simple and inexpensive voltage checker with an alarm function.
If you do need to activate the battery protection functions, you are advised to change the default settings.
* Class: Brushless
* Model: Quattro 20A x 4
* Application: multi-rotor
* Constant current: 20A x 4
* Burst current: 25A x 4 (for less than 10 seconds)
* BEC mode: Switch
* BEC output: 5.25V/3A
* Battery Cell Count: 2S-4S (7.4V-14.8V)
* Weight: 112g
* Dimensions L*W*H mm: 70 x 62 x 11
Includes a throttle hub (throttle signal distributor) to allow easy calibration of the throttle range of the ESCs in one simple step.