A new version of the ever popular Toro flying wing is now available in the small 'travel' version of only 600mm span. Made from proven and durable EPP (Extruded Poly-Propylene), and printed with flashy graphics, this model will not only hold up to the rigours of everyday flying, but also stand out at the field or local park.
The Toro 600 has a neat fuselage pod underneath that provides a protected location for the radio and LiPo battery, as well as providing some extra stiffness. Battery changes are easy with this pod design.
We found the build to be quick and easy. We used standard CA and activator but you could use 5-minute epoxy. The wing is supplied in two halves with two winglets. The kit requires two 5g servos set up as elevons using the pre-programmed delta mix or v-mix (ail and elevator channels) available on most modern programmable transmitters. Control rods, horns and pushrod connectors are supplied together with a motor mounting plate.
This wing is extremely high in the fun stakes. You will need an open space about 200m square. Fly close in to increase the fun factor and hone your flying skills. You might even want to stick on some LEDs for dusk/night-flying.
* Robust EPP construction resistant to crash damage
* Rearward facing motor in pusher mode less prone to damage
* Easy to hand-launch by the wing tip
* Bright airbrushed colour scheme
* Requires assembly but is very quick build
* Wingspan: 600mm/23.62in
* Flying weight: 120~140g
* RC functions: min 3-channel - elevon/delta (aileron/elevator mix), throttle
* 4-piece wing with pre-hinged flying surfaces
* Hardware accessory pack (includes motor mount plate, horns, control rods etc.)
* Illustrated step-by-step assembly instructions
Additional items required:
* Brushless motor (9-15g)
* Brushless ESC
* Prop and prop adaptor
* Servos: Two x 5g
* Battery: 500 to 800mAh 2S (7.4V) LiPo
* RC System: min 3-channel TX/RX with delta-mix
* CA glue and activator (optional)