We are proud to present the Free Bee - a new concept in indoor and outdoor models - Ultra Low Wing Loading. The shape is loosely based on a classic design of past days - the Clancy Aviation Lazy Bee - but by clever use of EPP and modern running gear the designers have produced a unique model aircraft.
This is the ideal trainer, easy to build, extremely tough, slow flying, made from EPP foam with EPP wings. Makes a very relaxing park/fun flier for more experienced pilots. With its suspended landing gear, you will be able to take off and land on grass. Control is by rudder/elevator making it easy to fly. The large wing area, dihedral and light weight makes for a slow flying stable model. Combine this with the fact that it is made from bouncy, virtually indestructable EPP, it makes an ideal choice for someone just starting out. The actual building process typically takes about 2-4 hours.
We find it difficult to select a category for this model and have placed it in the trainer / beginners group only because it the easiest plane we have ever flown. The incredibly low wing loading let’s this great model fly slow and there are no nasty vices. Though it is in the trainer group, experienced model flyer would love to fly this model - its just fantastic.
* Very forgiving, slow flying design
* Full EPP construction - almost indestructable
* Repairs easily with standard CA
* Quick build
* white colour scheme
* Wingspan: 1071mm
* Length 930:mm
* Weight 310-400g
* Motor: 80-100W
* RC Functions: Rud, Ele, Thro
* Battery: 600-1000mAh 2S (7.4V) (required)
* Motor - 80-100W Brushless - suggested motor 20g 1800KV (stock no 409946)
* ESC: 10-20A (dependent on motor/prop choice)
* Servos - 2 required (rud, ele) 5g (stock no 406100)
* Battery - 600-1000mAh 2S (7.4V)
* Radio system: TX/RX min 3-channel
* Prop - GWS 8 x 4 HD or GWS 8 x 4.3 Slow Fly (dependent on motor choice)
* Pushrod connectors (stock no 416132)
* Standard CA