This is the New 2016 EU LBT FIRMWARE FrSKY Taranis RC X9D Plus RC aircraft system it is supplied in Mode 2 (throttle left) format and includes the X9D Plus transmitter, X8R receiver, UK AC/DC power adaptor, neckstrap and 2000mAh NiMH transmitter battery.
The transmitter has a factory built-in version of the FrSky ACCST XJT 2.4GHz module running the latest firmware that complies with new European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI EN 300 328 V1.8.1) legislation for RF transmissions introduced on 1 Jan 2015. The X8R receiver supplied with this set is also 2016 EU LBT FIRMWARE
The Plus version has all the features of the original Taranis X9D with the following hardware upgrade features:
* Haptic Vibration Feedback System - this provides an alternative feedback system to the existing voice and sound.
* Dual colour LCD back-lit screen - allowing adjustment from white to blue.
Straight out of the box the Taranis is perfectly able to satisfy the requirements of any sport flier as well as the most advanced user. The software has been developed especially for FrSKY by RC experts and enthusiasts from the OpenTX RC software community.
FrSKY is well known for its frequency hopping ACCST technology taking advantage of the entire 2.4GHz band resulting in a rock solid connection with the receiver with excellent range and reliability. Many things can affect the connection between transmitter and receiver so RSSI (receiver signal strength indication) is incorporated into all telemetry receivers allowing the user to monitor signal strength and receive an alert before signal quality becomes critical.
With 60 model memories, lots of mixes, 9 flight modes, sequencing, servo speed, programmed delay all kinds of triggers, and the ability to assign any channel to anything, it is hard to come up with something this radio can't do.
The Taranis has a normal JR style module socket on the back that will accept modules for other transmitting protocols. In the model setup you simply tell the system that you are using the external module, and it shuts down the internal FrSky module. Now you can use your Futaba, Spektrum, JR, Aisin, and other receivers if you have a transmitter module that fits in a JR style module bay.
* Full Telemetry RSSI alarms (warns you of signal reception problems before disaster can strike)
* Haptic vibration feedback system
* 16 channels (more when combined with external module)
* 60 model memories
* 64 mixers, 9 flight modes
* 16 custom curves with 3-17 points each, 32 logic switches
* Voice or custom sound alerts such as: count down timers, low voltage warnings, landing gear down, thermal mode entered, etc.
* Receiver Lock allows you to lock a specific model in the transmitter to one and only one receiver.
* Three different types of failsafe: 1 - hold last known commands, 2 - go to a programmed state (cut throttle, flaps down, etc.), 3 - no output. (triggers flight controllers with "go home" feature)
* USB and SD card slot for system expansion
* Quad bearing gimbals that are silky smooth
* State-of-the-art open source software
* Super low latency for ultra quick response (9ms)
* Large 212 X 64 backlit dual colour LCD screen
* Real-time data logging
* Receiver lock (program locked to aircraft - limited to FrSky receivers running PXX protocol)
* JR style module bay for additional RF modules
* Selectable flight mode (1, 2, 3, or 4)
* 2 timers, count up or down, throttle %, talking, etc.
* Trims - Adjustable from course to extra fine with extended and exponential trims
* Standard trainer jack
* ARM Cortex M3 32-bit 60MHz
* Sticks and pots can be calibrated by the end user
* Multiple language support (Radio arrives configured for English language)
* Integrates with CompanionTX – a FREE computer program that is a transmitter setup buddy. CompanionTX (Windows/Mac/Linux) is used to set-up models with the wizard, save, edit and share your models and settings as well as simulate your transmitter or model setup
* USB connection for firmware upgrades, sound editing, R/W to the microSD card and integrate with CompanionTX. #
* Model: Taranis X9D Plus 2016 LBT EU FIRMWARE
* Open TX version: opentx-x9dp-v126.96.36.199-eu
* XJT Module Firmware version: 2016 EU LBT FIRMWARE
* Internal RF Mode: OFF / D16-eu/LR12 EU (selectable)
* Number of channels: Up to 16
* Operating voltage range: 6~15V (2S, 3S LiPos are acceptable)
* Operating current: 260mA maximum (both RF module and backlight are on)
* Operating temperature: -10 ~ 60 degreesC
* Backlit dual colour LCD screen resolution: 212 x 64* Model memories: 60 (extendable by SD card)
* Compatibility: FrSKY 2015 EU compliant 'X' series receivers including the X8R, X6R, and X4RSB.
What's in the box:
* FrSKY Taranis Plus 16 Channel, full range telemetry enabled transmitter using 2016 EU LBT FIRMWARE
* FrSky ACCST Telemetry X8R 2.4GHz 8/16-Channel Receiver using 2016 EU LBT FIRMWARE
* Neck strap
* AC/DC Power supply
* 2000mAh NiMH transmitter battery
This product has new EU LBT FIRMWARE installed which improves RF performance, including operational range and stability.
This new EU LBT FIRMWARE is NOT compatible with previous EU firmware.It is highly recommended that you upgrade your Transmitters Internal XJT Module and any External XJT modules, and also upgrade any X series receivers you own to the new EU LBT FIRMWARE. You can use either a PC or the transmitter for the upgrade.For detailed information please refer to the FRSKY website download section for the file (EU LBT FIRMWARE).
# Please note that we (BRC Hobbies) are unable to offer support for CompanionX and any other freeware/shareware associated drivers and utility programs. Please also be aware that many connection problems can be resolved simply by using the correct, compatible USB lead.
# Please note that we (BRC Hobbies) are unable to provide support to users who modify or carry out a firmware update on any FrSKY transmitter or receiver supplied by us. We are unable to uphold any claim under warranty should a fault arise due to a user installed firmware upgrade or hardware modification.
Firmware updates are done at your own risk. Before updating you should make yourself fully aware of the potential consequences and in particular the known compatibility issues that can arise by failure to select the correct firmware version. This is especially applicable to the latest ETSI compliance legislation - EN 300 328 V1.8.1 - introduced on 1 Jan 2015.
Please do your research carefully and make use of the advice and/or bulletins provided by FrSKY before completing any modification.
IMPORTANT - Taranis owners please note: do not confuse the XJT firmware with the OpenTX firmware. It is NOT the same thing! The OpenTX firmware is the "software" that controls the transmitter functions and user interface - the stuff you see on the transmitter screen. The XJT module is the device used to send and receive radio signals between the transmitter and receiver.