*** Stock Due 6 July ***
**This listing is the combo which is supplied without the aluminum case Mode 2 - throttle left transmitter.**
This listing is for the package which includes
Transmitter + X8r receiver + charger + neckstrap and upgraded 2000nimh
Alum case is optional.
The spec and firmware is Feb 2015 . Plus version.
Drawing on their massive experience in the design and production of affordable and reliable 2.4Ghz RC systems, components and accessories, FrSky are proud to introduce their first full transmitter system, that offers unprecedented value and flexibility for both the sport hobbyist and technical specialist alike.
RC experts and enthusiasts from the OpenTX* RC software community, have developed the software especially for FrSky. Straight out of the box, with the established, easy-to-use flexibility of FrSky concepts for the future of RC electronics, in conjunction with their decision to choose OpenTX as a suitable FrSky operating system, TARANIS is able to perfectly satisfy the requirements of any sport flier as well as the most advanced user.
TARANIS has a factory built-in version of the very latest FrSky XJT 2.4Ghz module – AND yet will additionally accommodate an external JR based module for Spektrum
This ground breaking unit has been designed in collaboration with practical specialists of all RC hobby disciplines and promises to deliver a very special experience for every user - as well as being rugged and durable. The most important aspect for any transmitter is maintaining a rock solid connection with the receiver. FrSky is well known for the frequency hopping ACCST technology taking advantage of the entire 2.4GHz band resulting in excellent range and reliability. FrSky knows many things can affect the connection between Transmitter and receiver so RSSI (receiver signal strength indication) is incorporated into all telemetry receivers. The Taranis transmitter is continually monitoring the reception quality at the aircraft. Taranis will alert the pilot before signal quality becomes critical. This saves planes and makes the hobby much safer!
In addition to RSSI, Taranis has other safety features. Receiver Lock allows you to lock a specific model in the transmitter to one and only one receiver. No more flying (crashing) with the wrong program selected. Taranis has three different types of Failsafe. 1 - Hold last known commands, 2- Goto a programmed state (cut throttle, flaps down, etc. 3- No output. (Triggers flight controllers with "go home" feature.) The RSSI feature means you probably won't ever use the failsafe. Voice Alerts Just like having a copilot, the transmitter will give you voice alerts on speaker or through the headphone jack. Count down timers, low voltage warnings, landing gear down, thermal mode entered, etc. can all be set up with human recorded voice of your creation, or sound packages shared online from other hobbyists
The open-source software for the Taranis has been developed by hobbyist’s in the R/C community. The programmers of the transmitter’s firmware and companion software which runs on Linux, Windows, and Macintosh are very receptive to input and requests from users. There are no limitations based on marketing decisions. If you can think of it, chances are the Taranis is capable of doing it. With 60 model memories, tons of mixes, 9 flight modes, sequencing, servo speed, programmed delay all kinds of triggers, and the ability to assign any channel to anything, it is hard to come up with something this radio can't do. With this level of complexity, you would think the programming would be a real nightmare, but thanks to the forward thinking of the open source community, we can set up and test our programs on our favorite computer (PC, Mac or Ubuntu), it even features a handy set up wizard that will take care of most of the work! But they also made it easy to share programs freely via the USB port, or micro SD card on the back of the Taranis.
Are you heavily invested in another RF system? No worries, the Taranis actually has a normal JR style module on the back that will accept modules for other transmitting protocols. In the model setup you simply tell the system if you are using the external module, and it shuts down the internal FrSky module. Now you can use your Futaba, Spektrum, JR, Aisin, and other receivers if you have a transmitter module that fits in a JR style module bay. Our UHF friends, can pass 12 volts directly to a UHF module, eliminating dangling wires and extra battery packs.
FrSky has taken the hobby to a whole new level as they have evolved the transmitter to be more than a steering wheel. This is something truly special!
* Full Telemetry RSSI alarms (warns you of signal reception problems before disaster can strike)
* Self test of the transmitter antenna
* 16 channels (more when combined with external module)
* 60 model memories
* 64 mixers, 9 flight modes
* 16 custom curves with 3-17 points each, 32 logic switches
* Voice or custom sound alerts
* USB and SD card slot for system expansion
* Long range system capable of up to 3 times the range of current 2.4 systems
* Quad bearing gimbals that are silky smooth
* State-of-the-art open source software
* Super low latency for ultra quick response (9ms)
* Large 212 X 64 backlit LCD screen
* Real-time data logging
* Receiver lock (program locked to aircraft - limited to FrSky receivers running PXX protocol)
* JR Style module bay for additional RF modules and so much more
* Selectable flight mode (1, 2, 3, or 4)
* 2 timers, count up or down, throttle %, talking, etc.
* Trims - Adjustable from course to extra fine with extended and exponential trims
* Standard trainer jack
* ARM Cortex M3 32-bit 60MHz
* Integrates with CompanionTX – a FREE computer program that is a transmitter setup buddy. CompanionTX (Windows/Mac/Linux) is used to set-up models with the wizard, save, edit and share your models and settings as well as simulate your transmitter or model setup.
* USB connection for firmware upgrades, sound editing, R/W to the microSD card and integrate with CompanionTX
* Sticks and pots can be calibrated by the end user
* Multiple language support (Radio arrives configured for English language)
* Model Name: Taranis X9D
* Number of Channels: Up to 16 channels
* Operating Voltage Range:6~15V (2S, 3S Lipos are acceptable)
* Operating Current: 260mA maximum (both RF module and backlight are on)
* Operating Temperature: -10~60℃
* Backlight LCD Screen: 212*64, monochrome
* Model Memories: 60 (extendible by SD card)
* Compatibility: FrSky X series, D series and V8-II series receivers
* FrSky Taranis 16 Channel, Full Telemetry Transmitter
* FrSky X8R 16 channel, Sbus, Smart Port Receiver
* Aluminium Transmitter Case(OPTION ONLY )
* Neck Strap
* Power supply
This transmitter is supplied as Mode 2 - throttle left. The mode may be changed simply and without changing the gimbals or internal wiring.
The Taranis works with a wide range of receivers. You can use ALL of the FrSky receivers except for the very early V8 (non-telemetry).You can use the more recent V8-II series. (bind them using the telemetry emulation mode, please see the product instructions for details.) So out of the box the Taranis will work with any V8-II, D, X and LR series receivers. You can also use other manufacturers receivers. FrSky knows that some folks are heavily invested in their current receivers, so they made sure they had an option for these users. The back of the radio features a JR style module, you can simply place a module for your existing system into the back of the Taranis. (Please check to see if your current manufacturer offers such a module, most do.) Then when setting up your model in the Taranis, you simply tell it you are using the external module. The radio automatically turns off the internal module, and turns out the external module when you select that model memory. We do recommend you use FrSky Telemetry Receivers so that you can enjoy the highest quality radio link.
It's no wonder people have been excited about this new transmitter. This hobby has never seen a more reliable and more affordable radio. FrSky has an excellent reputation for building high quality, highly reliable telemetry systems. The Taranis takes everything they have learned and pushes it to the next level!
Want some really useful information on FrSKY products? - click here